Live Sonification of Photography was a performance / lecture at sound-art salon If Wet in of a new system for turning photographs into sound as a performance piece incorporating portrature, image manipulation and the ANS synth.
This was the culmination of a year or so’s work exploring slit-scan photography, performance photography, sonification of images and many other disparate things.
The presentation is about 25 minutes long with 10 minutes of intro, 10 minutes of demo and 5 minutes of Q&A. Thanks to Sam Underwood and David Morton for hosting.
People and subjects mentioned.
- Slit-scan Photography – Examples
- ANS Synthesizer
- Eduard Artemyev, composer of Solaris soundtrack.
- Coil’s ANS album – Samples – Download
- Spectral Songs of the Slitscanned Selfies
- Virtual ANS synth software (Mac / Win / Linux / iOS / Android)
- Arduino Camera Shield
- PhonoPaper app (iOS / Android)