BOM had supported by trip to Golan Levin’s Experimental Capture workshop earlier in the year as part of my Fellowship on the understanding that I would share what I’d learned with the local community, so this was also the formal part of that.
Subjects covered included:
- Slo-mo and time-lapse. Seeing how we can control time to illuminate change.
- Photogrammetry. Extracting 3D models of objects from simple video.
- Alternative wavelengths. Exploring how recording infra-red, ultraviolet, heat and radio waves can be used in artistic documentation.
- Depth sensors. Using the gaming tool Kinect to record distance alongside colour.
- After Hockney. Using photo-merge and montage to represent many moments in one image.